[LAU] How to make Kaffeine play through Audiophile 2496?

Jostein Chr. Andersen jostein at vait.se
Sun Jan 25 06:46:29 EST 2009

david wrote:
> Using Debian Etch, no sound, nothing. Even with envy24control set.
>
> Booted the PC with a Sidux Live CD (2008-4 release) and Kaffeine plays
> through the Audiophile without doing anything.

You don't tell how your system is set up, so I will describe how I use
Kaffeine through my 1010 card:

I have a 64 bit system and the Jack sound server is always running. Jack
is using the Audophile card and Kaffeine (and even Amarok and everything
else) is connected to Jack -- Every app that uses Jack are running
through the Audiophile card because it's Jack that's doing the job.

So you must start the Jack server and let Kaffeine use it. On Kaffeine,
use Settings -> Xine Engine Parapeters -> Audio. Now you can choose Jack
as audio driver.

Hope this is helpful.

Jostein