[LAU] Audio recording from Rosegarden+QSynth+Hydrogen

Andras Simon szajmi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 15:43:11 EST 2009

On 1/25/09, Emanuel Rumpf <xbran at web.de> wrote:
> 2009/1/23 Andras Simon <szajmi at gmail.com>:
>> I have tracks in RG whose sound is produced by qsynth, and others
>> that are played by hydrogen. Is there a way to record what I hear
>> in RG?
>
> If you have set up jackd as output in qsynth and hydrogen,

qsynth: Setup/Audio/Audio driver = jack
hydrogen: Preferences/Audio system/Audio driver = jack

Is this what you mean?

> that should work.
> Don't forget to enable the jack ports for recording in Rosegardens
> midi-devices dialog.

I see no mention of jack anywhere in the midi-devices dialog.

> And activate at least one audio track for recording.
> In the track parameter panel, there may be some more options (select
> recording device etc.)

Now I'm thoroughly confused. In the track parameter panel there's
indeed an option for the device, but shouldn't that be "audio"? (The
others being all midi-related.)

Are you suggesting, that an audio track can be configured in such a
way that that it gets its input (for recording) from the other tracks?

Andras