[LAU] Are RT-patches needed anymore? (Was Re: >= 2.6.27 RT ETA?)

Cassiel raffaele.morelli at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 09:49:29 EST 2009

I can document... if you will ever been in italy.

> 5.3ms latencies: If you can't sense it... you don't need it
that's what you can read in the online help for many kernel modules, have
you ever heard about "sense of umor"?

However, apologize if this seems supercilious to you.

Back to the point, I have never said 5.3ms latency is useless.
But while I can record my guitar or bass or drums without any problem
because I do not need monitoring, adding a vocal track doing monitoring
using software monitoring + headphones (using a bus in ardour with Gverb or
other fx) it's not so nice because of latency.

My computerbased setup is 2.9ms latency with a Terratec EWS88MT, may I sent
you a video to document this?

regards