[LAU] Experience with M Audio Fast Track Pro USB interface

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Thu Jan 29 12:09:42 EST 2009

begin Grammostola Rosea quotation of Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 10:45:06AM +0100:
> Don Marti wrote:
> > begin Nicanor Garcia quotation of Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:16:06PM -0500:
> >

> >> Now I'm planning to get a sound card, and I found the M Audio Fast Track Pro (
> >> http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrackPro.html), which has all the
> >> features I want. But I'm not sure to buy without knowing its compatibility with
> >> Linux.
> >>
> >> I now this card isn't on the ALSA list, but I've read a lot of articles about
> >> this card being somewhat hard to set up, but still usable.
> >>

> > It worked out of the box for me with two channels.
> > Sounds great.  Haven't been able to see all four yet
> > but haven't put much time into it.
> >

> I've also heard someone couldn't get this thing working on OpenSuse...
> What distro do you use?

One Ubuntu machine, one Debian with a recent
kernel.org kernel.

--
Don Marti                                        +1 510-814-0932
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/                          +1 510-332-1587 mobile
dmarti at zgp.org
See you at OpenSource World: August 10-13, 2009 in San Francisco