[LAU] Best realtime audio dstro for Eee

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Wed Jul 1 04:41:23 EDT 2009

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 22:26:13 -0400
carmen <_ at whats-your.name> wrote:

> On Tue Jun 30, 2009 at 03:43:45PM -0700, munkeyfreenix batcat wrote:
> > I'm runnning my audio laptop on gentoo using alot from the pro-audio
> > overlay. couldn't imagine another route.
>
> the archaudio repo probably has binaries, but i havent checked.
> havent got my head around archs' building stuff tbh..
>
> since compiling (or even running firefox) is pure hell on the Atom
> N270. i cant imagine theyd be useful for audio given their 1/8th the
> power of stateoftheart CPUs unless yo just want an instance of ZynAdd
> or something

Right, the archaudio.org repo has binaries but is still pretty young.
The Arch User Repo has most known pieces of audio software and it's
easy to compile them using the provided buildscripts.
One benefit for your case would be that you can keep the whole
installation quite minimal (no need to install KDE, Gnome or even X,
etc.).

Regards,
Philipp