[LAU] Me too... Some new music

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Sun Jul 5 18:37:18 EDT 2009

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 17:50:47 +0200 (CEST)
Julien Claassen <julien at c-lab.de> wrote:

> Hello!
>    I've done a new one today as well. Is more on the jazzrock side of things.
> Linux software used:
> LinuxSampler (Piano, Brass and Drums)
> Nama(ecasound) + LADSPA plugins for recording/mixing
>    I'd also be greatful for feedback. I have the definite feeling this can use
> some mastering? The bass seems a bit to fulminant at times? Or is it just my
> speakers?

Listeniong on AK240s (because it's late and I don't want to disturb the
neighbours). The bass sounds slightly prominent, but certainly not
unpleasantly so. These phones tend to be bass heavy anyway, so on a
conventional HiFi. I would expct it to sound about right.

On phones you get a slightly disturbing effect of one of the organ
parts seeming to sweep across the stereo stage.

Nice composition :)

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk