[LAU] MultiCard: Userspace solution

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Mon Jul 6 03:20:43 EDT 2009

Hi,

why not simply use "hw:IO" as a device in jack? That works perfectly
well for me. It is just overwritten by qjackctl if I select a sound card
from the list. Works also for all other ALSA applications (and you can
create aliases in .asoundrc of you like, e.g.:

pcm.!default {
  type plug
#  slave { pcm "hw:Digi968,0" }
  slave { pcm "hw:DSP" }
  route_policy duplicate
}

should work with non-plug definition as well).

-- Giso