[LAU] AVLinux 2.0?

R.Wolff musicwolf at web.de
Tue Jul 7 04:05:06 EDT 2009

Hi,
I'm using AV-Linux 1/2 since a while already.
Version 2 is really very streamlined and slick/fast.
Since it's build on debian Squeeze & LXDE, it should be
enough 'up to date'.
The LXDE/Remastersys installer/env. is OK I guess, since you
don't have all the GNOME stuff & dependencies, but it's still
a little rough around some of it's edges. Be careful though
in a multiboot env. where you maybe have your diverse 'home' folders
all on the same diff. partition/drive, since it will erase the
partition without further notice.

Other than this, it has the essential Sequencing/Recording/Jack
stuff included, a handful of good FX, some useful Video editors/apps
but not so many virtual instruments (a part from the usual suspects).

An update to the current ISO is coming out later this month btw.

Cheers,

Raphael ;)