[LAU] (no subject)

Burkhard Wölfel versuchsanstalt at gmx.de
Fri Jul 10 12:32:24 EDT 2009

Am 10.07.2009 um 16:28 schrieb drew Roberts <zotz at 100jamz.com>:

> Just for fun:
>
> http://classicalconvert.com/2007/07/the-stupidest-music-lawsuit-ever-infringing-on-cages-433/
> http://archives.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/23/uk.silence/

Thanks for the links. I am sure Cage would have laughed about the
lawsuit. Who knows if Ed. Peters would have sued if he were still alive.

What the articles are missing, and I think that is an important aspect
of the work, is the various reactions of the audience when 4'33 is
performed. If you have the chance to listen (sic!) to such a
performance, don't miss it. Bear in mind that modern audiences are
usually informed about the nature of the piece and you are not likely
to witness very angry reactions. The grotesque aspect of it gets far
more attention today.

By the way, did you know that all four movements are available on
iTunes? 0,99€ each, as you would expect.

Again, I am sure he'd have laughed about it, happy about the discussion.

Oh yes, and did you know also that Cage did not listen to recorded
music at all?

- Burkhard