[LAU] Wine + Firefox + Flash == No Audio with ALSA

Emanuel Rumpf xbran at web.de
Sat Jul 11 12:29:09 EDT 2009

2009/7/10 Justin Smith <noisesmith at gmail.com>:
> ...linux versions of flash and firefox are huge cumbersome cpu-hogs, ....

Totally agree.
Wonder, how they managed to make iceweasel use more cpu and mem
than any raytracing app ...am I going overboard?
It really seems to behave bad with the new flash versions.
With flash sites opened (but stopped), cpu often goes to 46%
although the user is idle...

I found two lighter browsers, which support flash.
You may try those called Arora and Midori.
(Use a recent Qt version too.)