[LAU] Wine + Firefox + Flash == No Audio with ALSA

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Sat Jul 11 14:13:54 EDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 11:02:59AM -0700, Justin Smith wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 10:40 AM, Ken Restivo<ken at restivo.org> wrote:

> >> What is in /etc/iceweasel/iceweaselrc ?(or firefoxrc )
> >> Here it's:
> >> ICEWEASEL_DSP="aoss"
> >

> > Thanks! Mine was set to "none", apparently a known bug:

> > However, setting it to "aoss" didn't change anything. Still no sound on flash.
> >
> > I haven't been able to find any documentation on this variable or what-all it's possible settings are.
> >
> > I have only one sound card on this machine, so it's not like it's getting sent somewhere else.
> >
> > I am indeed on Lenny.
> >
> > -ken
> >

> do you have alsa oss emulation running? That is the first thing I
> would check. Also, there if you can get the pulseaudio jack backend
> working, switch the wrapper to padsp and then firefox can route
> through jack.

Sure. Seems like a lightweight wrapper :-)

sudo apt-get install pulseaudio-module-jack
  gnome-audio gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio libasound2-plugins libasyncns0
  libgconfmm-2.6-1c2 libpulse-browse0 libpulse-mainloop-glib0 libpulse0
  libpulsecore5 padevchooser paman paprefs pavucontrol pavumeter pulseaudio
  pulseaudio-esound-compat pulseaudio-module-gconf pulseaudio-module-hal
  pulseaudio-module-x11 pulseaudio-module-zeroconf pulseaudio-utils
  gnome-audio gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio libasound2-plugins libasyncns0
  libgconfmm-2.6-1c2 libpulse-browse0 libpulse-mainloop-glib0 libpulse0
  libpulsecore5 padevchooser paman paprefs pavucontrol pavumeter pulseaudio
  pulseaudio-esound-compat pulseaudio-module-gconf pulseaudio-module-hal
  pulseaudio-module-jack pulseaudio-module-x11 pulseaudio-module-zeroconf
  pulseaudio-utils
0 upgraded, 22 newly installed, 0 to remove and 154 not upgraded.
Need to get 3367kB of archives.
After this operation, 7524kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

7.5MB later, my problem will be solved, eh?

-ken