[LAU] Wine + Firefox + Flash == No Audio with ALSA

James Cameron quozl at us.netrek.org
Sat Jul 11 20:43:41 EDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 11:13:54AM -0700, Ken Restivo wrote:
> Sure. Seems like a lightweight wrapper :-)
>
> sudo apt-get install pulseaudio-module-jack
> 0 upgraded, 22 newly installed, 0 to remove and 154 not upgraded.
> Need to get 3367kB of archives.

The "Recommends" packages are being installed on your system.  This is a
new feature in the past few years.  The default used to be that only the
essential packages are installed.  If you'd like the old default
behaviour back again, configure APT ... my systems have this file:
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99quozlnoinstallrecommends with the content:

APT
{
  Install-Recommends "false";
};

> After this operation, 7524kB of additional disk space will be used.
> Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
>
> 7.5MB later, my problem will be solved, eh?

It is much less without the recommended packages.  I doubt it will solve
your problem, though.  ;-)