[LAU] Frequency-response analyzer for Linux?

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Tue Jul 14 18:05:18 EDT 2009

I have a couple DSP-for-dummies questions.

I'm still intrigued by the idea of getting a proper Auto Wah-Wah sound going.

I like the approach of building one out of LADSPA plugins.

My question is this: what tools would I use on Linux to analyze the frequency response and characteristics of the many, many LADSPA filter plugins, so as to decide which has the response closest to a real wah circuit (i.e. a lowpass with a resonant peak just above the rolloff point)?

What I'm going for is this:
http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/wahpedl/wahped.htm

I don't know squat about DSP, otherwise I might just try coding something up; the LADSPA spec looks pretty straightforward.

-ken