[LAU] Julien Claassen New world

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Mon Jul 20 15:41:29 EDT 2009

Hello Paul!
   Thanks for the review. I must say my ego is hurt, but that is just because
I'm so sensetive... :-)
   Truely speaking: It was very clear and full of constructiveness.
   Let me just get a fe w points there: You mean I should put a kind of
oscillator on the amplifier of the ocean-track, to give them a more real
feeling of waves? Well they are really waves, recorded in California in the
Esalen institute. :-)
   My idea about the waves and their fading into the piece was to take the
piano effect as a stop sign. So the waves disappear abruptly when the sound
cuts off. Perhaps I need to edit this sample, so it has a more defined end.
   Connection of the parts: What was your idea about this? Take the waves as an
element of binding or just have softer breaks between the parts or a
surrounding structure?
   I'd be interested to hear about it.
   Best regards
          Julien