[LAU] real time audio and graphic/ interrupt tweaks?

Martin Horn martin.horn at ostec.org
Sun Jul 26 19:36:57 EDT 2009

Hello LAU!

I try to run xwax on ubuntustudio 8.10 on a Panasonic CF-T2 subnotebook
(1Ghz/512MB). Everytime I start real time audio apps like jack the graphic
gets very slow and freezes for some seconds, also the audio playback is like
timestretched and sounds filtered.

I guess it has something to do with interrupts shared by graphic and sound
(sound comes from a Maya44 USB sound card).

Can anybody give me a hint how to check or alter interrupt settings or do
you have any other ideas...?!

Thanks in advance!

Martin