[LAU] real time audio and graphic/ interrupt tweaks?

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Jul 28 05:09:35 EDT 2009

Unless there's an option to change interrupts in the netbook's BIOS, I
don't think there is. In most laptops, those kinds of interrupts are
hardwired.

I find usbview more useful for figuring out USB hierarchies, but maybe
it's just me being more visual. KInfoCenter is informative, too.

On my Toshiba, USBView shows that I have one EHCI host controller (USB2)
with a USB 2.0 hub (internal) hub that currently has 2 USB2 devices
attached to it - another USB 2.0 hub (external) and an external hard
drive (attached to a physical port on the laptop, not on the external hub).

It also shows that I have a UHCI host controller (USB 1.1) that
currently has my USB sound card attached to it.

That takes care of all three physical ports on this laptop.

KDEInfoCenter irqs report a UHCI controller with 3 busses using IRQs 16,
18 and 19; and a EHCI controller using IRQ 23.

So it looks like the USB2 controller is using 3 IRQs and the USB 1.1 is
using only one. So it looks like one IRQ per bus.

I'm just figuring this stuff out myself, so perhaps someone who really
knows stuff about USB can really explain what's going on?