[LAU] NEWB mixing with ardour

Paul Neaveill boycotthell2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 29 13:16:30 EDT 2009

First, want to say thanks to all who have given assistance directly and on more than one occasion asked a question before I did and still helped me anyway.   Also appreciate the patience on all this, not to mention the friendships around the world.

Second, still working on getting my own kernel going with the following as had been suggested last week:

preempt_RCU
No_Hz
HZ_1000

and the other Rock-solid low-latency audio tweaks
 99 ff migration
 99 ff posixcputmr
 98 ff IRQ-8 (real-time clock)
 97 ff audio IRQ
 80 rr Jack

Found the preempt_RCU and HZ_1000 spots in the debian/ubuntu kernel hack, still looking for the rest please.

Third, is how do we get Ardour to add effects and other psychoacoustics?  I have some cool stuff am redoing from the now former redmond mess and cannot figure that part out.  Would love to post something once I get these and a few other things figured out.

Continued and appreciated all assistance

  Paul