[LAU] Re : MIDI clock & sync

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Fri Jul 31 12:52:31 EDT 2009

Hi Josh,

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009, Josh Lawrence wrote:

> So, given that Seq24 can follow jack transport and output MIDI clock,
> then what application can be used to set jack transport tempo?  I'm
> looking for a single-purpose app, not a large app like Ardour.

There's quite a few[1]... including seq24... who can be the jack transport
master -- and thus set the tempo.

For a single-purpose-tempo-setting-app, maybe look into klick[2].

I created a small, standalone, command-line app that slaves to the JACK
transport and sends out MIDI clock pulses.  It has a bug on tempo
changes... but otherwise ready to go.  I'll try to work out the bug
tonight and post the project to web.

Peace,
Gabriel

[1] Off the cuff:  klick, seq24, ardour, hydrogen, nonsequencer,
     InConcert
[2] http://das.nasophon.de/klick/