[LAU] ice1712 on fedora 10

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Sat Jun 6 10:47:41 EDT 2009

On Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 09:26:30AM -0500, Jan Depner wrote:

> Is anyone out there running an ice1712 card on Fedora 10?  I just
> upgraded to 10 from 8 and now I can only get clean audio when I set the
> sample rate to 96K.  Any other setting and I get hissing, crackling, and
> popping.  I don't even know where to start looking.  Is it the kernel,
> the latest version of ALSA, pulseaudio...?  This worked great under
> Fedora 8.

My Terratec EWS88MT works fine here with F10 and Alsa 1.0.19.
If you have the default jackdmp 1.9.2 from CCRMA that could
well be the problem - it has dbus enabled and the result
is that you could be running jack with settings quite
different from those that you believe are being used.

I recompiled jackdmp here without dbus support and things
work fine.

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.