[LAU] new song

Raffaele Morelli raffaele.morelli at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 09:49:11 EDT 2009

2009/6/8 Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com>:
> Folderol wrote:
>> Very good song, good singing, extremely clean backing and production.
>>
>> The absolute proof that less is more!
>>

> Thanks, Will, and thank you to everyone who listened to the new tune.
> All comments and suggestions are much appreciated. :)
>
> Btw, I want to specially thank all Ardour devs. I'm using the great
> program more efficiently, thanks to its many wonderful tools.
>
> "Got the blues so bad I can't sleep at night,
>  Went to eat my breakfast, my teeth and tongue begin to fight"

hope you won't have this kind of blues at breakfast every day...  :-)

> Best,
>
> dp

About using ardour more efficently I want to share this very proof.

The following songs has been recorded by the other guitar player of my
band, he doesn't speak english and linux was (and probably still is)
completely obscure to him.

We have a i386 in our rehearsal "room" with debian lenny and Ardour2.8
on it, a mackie 12ch, a Terratec EWS88MT, one SM58 and acouple of
PG58.

Well, I showed him Ardour, created a song-template and learned him how
to use it in a couple of hours.

He is now an enthusiastic Ardour fan!

This are two of the ~10 tracks he recorded (without any help) in the
last 3 months, words are just an "imitation" of the english language,
words assonance... anyway it doesn't matter, we are going to sing this
in italian ;-)

He played and sang on all tracks except djembe (recorded by me and our
ex-drummer using 2 pg58)

I did some mixing and Jamin has been used for post-prod only on the first song.

http://linee-distorte.googlegroups.com/web/Evribadiloviddiu.mp3?gda=HxCbWEUAAAAUPqiKrbOSPMt7PPJH55toRLJZrm5iXinSggl_SEreyB2Q2nAuM57Sm1PIgy84S8O3x90tswfg5wNB0YU4Yd7WGXSQ6Y8Tvm92QSGYemNDrA

http://linee-distorte.googlegroups.com/web/saylen.mp3?hl=en&gda=jzEm3jwAAAAUPqiKrbOSPMt7PPJH55toGHsGQXwdRpFFOuaA4rUKBHWeti89PeuJ0knfpCwcrLb9Wm-ajmzVoAFUlE7c_fAt