[LAU] A new Bach... :-)

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Fri Jun 12 08:04:00 EDT 2009

Julien Claassen wrote:
>    That's such a pity. His music is so full of love and faith and Bach himself
> was said to be very kind with his kids.

If I remember correctly he also did a stretch in the local pokey for
beating a student in the street.

When another student complained that his pieces were too hard to play he
is reported to have said "Just put the right fingers in the right place
at the right time and the instrument plays itself."

In every way he is one of my greatest heroes. ;)

Btw, do you know why he had so many children ? (It's an old joke.)

Then of course there was P.D.Q., the "last and certainly the least" of
his many children.

> I too love Glenn Gould...

Me too, though I admit that these days I'm more attracted by his
eccentricity than by his playing (which is of course magnificent).

Best,

dp