[LAU] A new Bach... :-)

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jun 13 03:09:34 EDT 2009

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> Julien Claassen wrote:
>> Hello!
>>   I just used my own two hands and a piano track, live played and
>> that's it. Simple as can be. :-)
>>   It's good to hear, that you like it. That's why I did it, to create
>> something someone might like and enjoy. Bach has such a pieceful
>> effect on me...
>>   Warm regards
> Ok cool...
>
> To be honest, I have an Bach youth trauma...
>
> My dad is an Bach freak (especially Glenn Could) too, and when we where
> young, hell breaks loose when we, as kids, where making to much noise at
> Sunday mornings.
>
> But I start to appreciate  Bach bit by bit  now ;)

I have a lovely double-CD set, Glenn Gould's first and last recordings.
His first recording was of the Goldberg Variations. So was his last
recording, done decades later. Fascinating to listen to the two and pick
up the differences in interpretation and technique.

Thank you, Glenn, wherever you're residing in the hereafter for gifted
eccentric musicians!

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com