[LAU] [ANN] lv2fil version 2.0 "New hope" released

Nedko Arnaudov nedko at arnaudov.name
Sat Jun 13 12:05:51 EDT 2009

Dragan Noveski <perodog at gmx.net> writes:

> Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
>> Four-band parametric equaliser LV2 plugin. DSP code by Fons Adriaensen.
>>
>> Homepage: http://nedko.arnaudov.name/soft/lv2fil/
>>
>> Screenshot: http://nedko.arnaudov.name/soft/lv2fil/lv2fil.png
>>
>> Tarball download:
>> http://nedko.arnaudov.name/soft/lv2fil/lv2fil-2.0.tar.bz2
>> http://nedko.arnaudov.name/soft/lv2fil/lv2fil-2.0.tar.bz2.sig
>>
> hallo,
> this is great news!
> in ardour the plugin opens and works good, but in lv2rack (todays
> version) i can load the plugin from the plugin list, but when i click
> in the 'ui' field of the main lv2rack window, expecting the ui to
> appear, i get a crash:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/local/lib/lv2/filter.lv2/ui", line 26, in <module>
>    import liblo
> ImportError: No module named liblo

You need pyliblo: http://das.nasophon.de/pyliblo/

The other runtime requirements are also specified in the INSTALL file.

> the liblo version on my system is 0.23-2.2 from debian.

I expect this to be recent enough. I have 0.25 here.

>> The GUI uses the External UI extension. lv2rack (part of zynjacku)
>> supports this extension. Ardour-2.8 needs patch to support the
>> external UI extension.
>>

> where do we get that patch?

http://nedko.arnaudov.name/soft/ardour2-r5126-lv2_external_ui.patch

It is probably somewhat dirty but so far it works for me.

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>