[LAU] Daemons, daemons...kill those daemons.

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Mon Jun 15 09:42:29 EDT 2009

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 05:14:46 +0000
Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
> Oh yeah. I never could really find out or understand how to deal with
> that. Maybe I did not try hard enough. Right now thinking about it I am
> reminded of unraveling rewriting rules in sendmail.cf (oh well, no, it
> was not that bad :-)

*whimpering and resisting the urge to hide under the bed*

I remember having to modify a rule in sendmail.cf back in the days before
the web, before m4 macros, when 10Base5 was how we were wiring boxes together.
Do you have any idea how long it took me to figure out that tabs != spaces?
It took a sick, sick mind to come up with the obfuscated hell that is
sendmail.cf.  I thought I'd gotten over the trauma, but the shakes have
returned, so perhaps I'm not really past it.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com