[LAU] Mono suitable for creating LAU applications?

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Tue Jun 16 09:22:38 EDT 2009

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:46:49 +0200
Atte Andre Jensen <atte.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:

> hermann meyer wrote:
>
> > A nice way to start audio app programing is FAUST, you can write you
> > algorithm in "plain math" and let it translate from the FAUST
> > compiler to C++.
>
> That looks really nice! I have trouble compiling it though, first I
> had to add #include <stdio.h> below #include <stdlib.h> in
> smartpointer.hh, which made the compilation go a bit further. However
> now it dies like this:
>
> g++ -g -O3 -Wall -Wuninitialized -Iboxes -Ierrors -Ievaluate
> -Igenerator -Inormalize -Iparser -Ipropagate -Isignals -Itlib -Idraw
> -Idraw/device -Idraw/schema -Iextended -Ipatternmatcher   -c -o
> parser/enrobage.o parser/enrobage.cpp
> parser/enrobage.cpp: In function ‘std::ifstream*
> open_path_stream(const char*, const char*)’:
> parser/enrobage.cpp:75: error: ‘PATH_MAX’ was not declared in this
> scope parser/enrobage.cpp:80: error: ‘old’ was not declared in this
> scope parser/enrobage.cpp:85: error: ‘free’ was not declared in this
> scope parser/enrobage.cpp:93: error: ‘free’ was not declared in this
> scope parser/enrobage.cpp: In function ‘std::ifstream*
> open_arch_stream(const char*)’:
> parser/enrobage.cpp:108: error: ‘getenv’ was not declared in this
> scope parser/enrobage.cpp: In function ‘FILE* fopensearch(const
> char*)’: parser/enrobage.cpp:144: error: ‘getenv’ was not declared in
> this scope parser/enrobage.cpp: In function ‘FILE* fopenpath(const
> char*, const char*)’:
> parser/enrobage.cpp:153: error: ‘PATH_MAX’ was not declared in this
> scope parser/enrobage.cpp:157: error: ‘old’ was not declared in this
> scope parser/enrobage.cpp:164: error: ‘free’ was not declared in this
> scope parser/enrobage.cpp:172: error: ‘free’ was not declared in this
> scope make[1]: *** [parser/enrobage.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/atte/software/faust/faust-0.9.9.4/compiler'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> But maybe that's a bit too OT here. Anyways this is under arch linux
> with gcc 4.4.0

This is one of the more annoying properties of arch: if you compile or
package you run into trouble first, often before the developers of
given software. And it's mostly, but not exclusively, gcc trouble.

Maybe this can help you:
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.4/porting_to.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.3/porting_to.html

Once you manage to compile a piece of software it's mostly trivial to
package it for AUR. *hinthint*

Regards,
Philipp