[LAU] Audio Distribution Proposal...

allan sonofzev at iinet.net.au
Thu Jun 18 09:11:23 EDT 2009

>  and most if not all of the content had to be ported to a new
> database. I used to thank the Gentoo community for the _largest_
> documentation one could ever find, but now it's just a mess. Sure, you
> could get some of them from http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/, but it's no
> longer the same. There were plenty of helpful material that newbies to
> Gentoo couldn't do without.

I believe the server actually got attacked.. I'm no newbie.. but between
the forums and even just the main documentation listing I still believe
there is enough there. On top of that the documentation is coming back
together.. BTW in terms of audio.. the gentoo pro audio list is fairly
quiet and very friendly......

> Anyone who has been running Gentoo can continue to do so, but if
> you're planning to deploy a platform anew I'd advise against Gentoo.
> If the trouble is reading documentation or competency, then Sabayon is
> a better bet than even Arch.

Sabayon is simply a pre-rolled Gentoo.. (maybe stage 4 or 5 even??) and
yes an excellent point for newbie.. but I found for pro-audio stuff I
was running into dependency hell.. alot easier to start from stage 3
install...