[LAU] KDE4 observations + an easy question

jedd jedd at progsoc.org
Sun Jun 28 05:49:15 EDT 2009

 Howdi,

 New to list, relatively new to audio stuff, long time GNU/Linux user.

 Backtraced the lists and saw some talk of KDE4.  I got lumped with
 this when Debian unstable pushed it out (4.2.2) a couple of months
 back.  I'd be wary of recommending anyone - with a working 3.5.x
 system - to upgrade unless they really need something on 4.x  I've
 just found it a bit too unstable for comfort, even with the 4.2.4
 upgrade.  Even leaving aside the audio-complications you'll get with
 phonon and gstreamer stuff.

 My first question to the list is pretty easy.  I think I want an
 application that lets me 'pause' an audio track but holds onto
 whatever it was playing at that time - in order to try to reverse
 engineer the notes.  I'm sure this isn't an uncommon thing, but
 no idea what magic words to search for in feature lists.  I could
 possibly do it by zooming into a waveform and making my own
 mini-loops, but this seems a very arduous approach.

 cheers,
 Jedd.