[LAU] KDE4 observations + an easy question

jedd jedd at progsoc.org
Sun Jun 28 07:46:44 EDT 2009

On Sun 2009-06-28, Ray Rashif wrote:
> even Core 2 Duo) laptop the Phonon-JACK setup is rock-stable, such
> that I even have JACK start with my non-realtime kernel and let it
> (together with ALSA JACK plug) handle all sounds. I'm guessing it's a
> multicore issue.

 Maybe I should start using my similarly powered laptop instead ;)

> Ahh, I was just making sure I understood your requirement. There
> isn't such an app, but it's a worthwhile project to look into for
> anyone interested. Let me just check again, you want to be able to
> pause a track which upon that action will continue to play back the
> last sound it was playing?

 Yup - that's pretty much it.  I've just been playing with sonic-
 visualiser - looks like an astonishingly powerful bit of software, but
 haven't quite got comfy with its interface yet.  Its note-detector is
 about as effective as every other note detector I played with on
 that other OS.

 But yes - basically it'd be a very mini-loop - presumably you'd have
 that customisable, but default in the range of somewhere under 0.1s

 Jedd.