[LAU] Audacity: not good for making loops

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun Jun 28 08:38:49 EDT 2009

Emiliano Grilli wrote:
> I don't like audacity very much either. Its popularity comes maybe
> from the fact of being cross platform, and relatively simple to use
> (simpler than snd at least ;) Its multitrack facilities make it an
> ideal tool for podcasters, too.

Audacity is very popular here at Studio Dave. I recommend it to all my
students, it has some exceptional features for practicing musicians.

However, I use ReZound to do most of my touch-up edits to my own work.

re: Wavosaur - Indeed, some Windows users are more likely to use it than
Audacity, primarily because of its support for VST and ASIO. I use it
with Reaper under WINE, performance is very good there.

Best,

dp