[LAU] Scoring -- update -- still using Noteedit!

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Tue Jun 30 14:02:00 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 30 June 2009 18:35:59 jedd wrote:

> > rosegarden: symbol lookup error: /opt/kde3.5/lib/libkdeui.so.4:
> > undefined symbol: _ZN12QProgressBarD2Ev
>
>  My libkdeui.so.4 is packaged as part of kdelibs4c2a
>
>  The fact that you're calling an /opt/kde3.5 directory while
>  you're running KDE4 .. might be an indicator of where
>  things are going wrong.  ;)

Other kde3 apps do not have this problem. The kde library directory is on the
PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I have a locally compiled kde3.5.6. Maybe this
symbol is from 3.5.9. However, this does not make sense either because the
rosegarden was also locally compiled against the libraries and their dev files
that I have.

While Debian does not support installing kde4 alongside kde3, having one
locally compiled (which I've had for quite a while), does enable this. My
startkde scripts set an env variable which gets tested in /etc/profile to set
up the appropriate path and their order.