[LAU] Join the Debian Multimedia Team! (to improve the state of Linux audio)

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 12:23:59 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
>> My point was : if Debian Multimedia is just an effort to make things
>> better
>> looking on the audio/multimedia side, then it has more to do with the
>> "Debian packages and process" group of people than with the linuxaudio
>> people.
>
> I guess this part is for Debian folks to answer. Even if multimedia part
> cannot be treated as a separate entity, perhaps having Debian as a whole a
> member of Linuxaudio.org would not be a bad idea. After all, we do have
> Canonical/Ubuntu and Mandriva on board already.
>
> Ico

How does that effect me for instance as a Gentoo user? Please consider
whether LAU would still be a place of value to those of us that aren't
Debian/Ubuntu based.

I don't mind the occasional distro specific conversation. I wouldn't
want to see that ever become more than 1% of what's discussed on a
list like this.

- Mark