[LAU] getting cpu usage on commandline

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Tue Mar 10 07:57:29 EDT 2009

Hello atte!
   Two things I can think of: Have you tried the normal top? - I don't know
about its accuracy.
   Another thing: A friend of mine once wrote some algorythms and used some
output found in the proc directory. he said there was just one problem: He had
to take care, that no other CPU hungry processes were running, on any
processes, that might cause problems (cron jobs, hungry user-apps, etc.).
   Don't know what he did exactly though. But perhaps worth investigating.
   Kindest regards
         Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net