[LAU] Are RT-patches needed anymore? (Was Re: >= 2.6.27 RT ETA? )

Cassiel raffaele.morelli at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 09:45:44 EDT 2009

Hi again,

debian stock kernels are not rt. In order to work with lower latencies and
boost audio performance you need to patch the generic kernel.

A fix for midi should be in this rt patch
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/patch-2.6.26.8-rt16.bz2(but
I am not sure) and higher. Otherwise you can download the patch here
http://offog.org/stuff/rt-200901/tasklets-fix-tasklet_hi_action.patch

Actually I am on 2.6.29-rt-vanilla, debian way compiled, on testing/squeeze
but I did it on lenny a couple of days after it was released.

When compiling from vanilla sources you must prevent compiler warnings to
stop building by checking "Kernel hacking" -> "Continue building despite
compiler warnings" and then go with make-kpkg as usual on debian.

regards