[LAU] Converting Midi file data to play on guitar
wirelessdreamer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 15:44:09 EDT 2009
I'm working on some python scripts to mangle midi input data from a file,
and am hoping I can get some input from others that have thought about it as
well. These are some major issues and possible solutions I've seen.
1. When a chord is seen in the midi file: the correct voicing of the chord
must be found on the guitar neck, and where multiple, which to use must be
2. When picking notes: if based off a chord, that chord should be
identified, so the user knows how to position their hand for the playing to
3. When playing lead riff's, try to smoothly move between scale positions,
and not stay on just 1 string.
Sofware I'm workikng with
pyrtmidi: live midi input data
pythonmidi: file midi input data
pychorelib: identify chords based on notes played in midi files/streams
Sofware I've looked at that somewhat relates to this:
neither dguitar or kguitar support any intelligent handling for guitars to
actually make loading a midi file and playing from it useable.
1. I want to be able to have the output data from this be useable by other
2. I'm playing around with some idea's in blender, hence using python makes
Why not python?
1. I'm a bit new to python
2. I'd rather be coding in perl ;)
Any feedback, links to similar work, or ideas are greatly appriciated.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Linux-audio-user