[LAU] Edirol UA-25EX MIDI

Alex Polite mylists at polite.se
Wed Mar 11 11:50:26 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 02:21:11PM -0500, Josh Lawrence wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> (I'm away from my machine now, so please let me know if I'm not giving
> enough information and I will correct later...)
>
> I have a UA-25EX that I am trying to use with Ubuntu Hoary.  jack
> loads just fine, but I cannot see any reference to the MIDI ports
> under the "ALSA" tab.

I have the same unit working "out of the box" under Ubuntu 8.10.

My amidi -l output looks like this.

Dir Device    Name
IO  hw:0,0,0  cme MIDI 1
IO  hw:0,0,1  cme MIDI 2
IO  hw:1,0,0  UA-25 MIDI 1

I've found "patchage" a great little app for handling both audio and
midi connections.

Come to think of it I think that the Alsa tab under qjackctl is empty on my setup too.

alex

--
http://pipedreams.polite.se/about/