[LAU] Converting Midi file data to play on guitar

Edgar Aichinger edogawa at aon.at
Wed Mar 11 13:02:46 EDT 2009

Am Mittwoch 11 März 2009 schrieb Nathanael Anderson:
> I'd be interested in taking a look at your code, It should help get my brain
> working. I'd also be interested in feedback from you if your interested to
> critique my approach.

OK, here we go. I just went through the sources of both my patched midifile
library (it's ancient code like I said, IIRC all I did was to add install and
uninstall targets to Makefile, and to make sure it compiles with recent gcc
versions) and my mf2tab program, cleaned them up a bit and checked if the
stuff compiles and works.

I'm unsure if i can attach files to messages to this list so I uploaded the
tarballs to http://people.jacklab.net/edogawa/files/

I don't know what to say about license, the library doesn't say a word about
it, and I don't really care about my own code :) Let's call it vaporware, if
it's useful for you I'm fine.

The mf2tab directory has a textfile which has a few instructions about
building, installing, usage, bugs etc. Looks like I was intending to release
it, can't really remember... I just went through the file and corrected a few
bits.

Also, I don't know if I'm the right person to give you feedback on your work,
but keep the list informed about your proceeding...

Have fun and I hope it's useful for you!

> Nathanael

Edgar