[LAU] surround sound with mplayer and windows media

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Sat Mar 14 09:12:33 EDT 2009

Hello everyone!
   I have a file, which is supposedly surroundsound, at least the site says so
and I have no reason to doubt them. But when I open it with mplayer, it tells
me, that there are only 2 channels:
AUDIO: 44100 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 192.0 kbit/13.61% (ratio: 24000->176400)

   So how can I grab the different channels, to make a binaural version of it.
I seem to remember that csound should be capable of that. But first of all I
need all the different channels. At least I suppose so?
   If anyone wants to test a file, it's here:
http://www.wdr.de/radio/hoerspiel-surround/lautsprechertest192_44_16_vbr.wma
   It's a small speaker test from their site.
   Can anyone help me?
   Kindest regards
           Julien

--------