[LAU] Cart player for linux

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Sat Mar 14 09:25:12 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 11 March 2009 18:27:34 drew Roberts wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 March 2009 16:25:43 Ricus Vincente wrote:
> >  Greetings all,
> >
> >  I'm thinking about running one of the Dell Mini 9 laptops as a Cart
> > player for my podcast, and I'm having trouble finding something that
> > will run natively under linux that will do the job.  Perhaps there's
> > something I'm missing... or even something as simple as a plugin for
> > XMMS that will do what I need.
>
> I haven't worked on this in a long while and I don't know if it will run on
> that machine, but it is a cart wall of sorts:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/drsoundwall/
> http://code.google.com/p/drsoundwall/source/browse/trunk/drsoundwall/drsoun
>dwall.tcl

I am looking around now for a replacement for the snack sound toolkit. If I
find one I may redo the app. (Does anyone know of such a library/toolkit?)

Also, this may be overkill for what you are doing but it does have a sound
panel built in:

http://www.rivendellaudio.org/

This is meant for radio broadcast automation and is quite a nice system.

> Let me know of you try it please.
>
> >  Any ideas?
> >
> >  Thanks,
> >  Rich...