[LAU] Ethnic Sounds

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Sat Mar 21 19:29:47 EDT 2009

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 10:55:00 -0800
Thomas Fisher <thomasfisher at ak.net> wrote:

> On Saturday 14 March 2009 03:56:10 pm Folderol wrote:
> > On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 18:24:46 -0700 (PDT)
> >
> > Norval Watson <norv2001 at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> > > That's a nice breathy sound Will!
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > > I wonder if you have seen the South Park episode where pan flute bands
> > > take over the world? Norv
> >
> > No, but I think they maust have been thinking of here, we get over-run
> > with them. A few of them are good, most are not :
> =====================================
>   Thanks Will, reminds me of the South American flutes as was in the "Flight
> of the Condor".  Nice.

:)

>  While I'm at it, thanks for sharing your great Zyn instruments.  Seems the
> steel wire is no longer in the current collection, or has it mutated to a
> newer instrument?

You can never have too many sounds :) It's great if other people can
use any I've created. Fits nicely in the GPL and Creative Commons ethos
doesn't it?

Steel Wire is still there, but I shuffled the patches around a while
ago to make the groupings more sensible. It's currently in slot 18.
Eventually I'm going to have the do another reoganisation - into more
than one bank - I'm running out of empty slots!

>  I am hoping that someday you and maybe Paul will come out with a tutorial
> manual for Zyn. I have lost [ gained ] many days in playing with this
> wonderful sound maker.

Paul would realy be the man. Every time I think I understand how
a part of Zyn. works, I come up against something that proves I don't :(

> Thanks again
> Tom

You're most welcome.

--