[LAU] Cheap USB MIDI interfaces

Justin Smith noisesmith at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 18:44:14 EDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Folderol <folderol at ukfsn.org> wrote:
> Another +1 for MidiSport
> I've got the 2x2 never had a problem with it.
>
> --
> Will J Godfrey
> http://www.musically.me.uk

Any USB1.1 compatible midi device should work, it definitely will if
it is class compliant (which almost all of them are). Midi is a slower
protocol and you don't have to worry about a/d/a quality since it is
end to end digital, so really there is no reason not to get a simple
usb1.1 class compliant midi adaptor, yamaha has a very cheap one that
looks like two midi cables connected to a usb cable with a small extra
knob of plastic in between, that works just great in my experience,
model UX16.