[LAU] why shouldn't clients autoconnect to jack

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Mar 23 14:52:56 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 2:50 PM, Kjetil S. Matheussen <
k.s.matheussen at notam02.no> wrote:

> This is a design fault in jack. Jack should
> by default always autoconnect new ports to physical in/outs
> when they are created. (first created port is connected
> to the first physical port, and so on)

why the first?

> I think this would have pleased everyone.

my reading is somewhat opposite of this.

i do agree that it would be good to define some "system aliases" so that it
was possible to reliably and controllably discover *which* physical ports to
connect to if autoconnect is going to be used.