[LAU] how to record Gramophone?

frank pirrone frankpirrone at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 15:39:18 EDT 2009

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> ben wrote:
>
>> Grammostola Rosea a écrit :
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> My dads want to records some old gramophone records. How can he do it?
>>> Ardour/ Audacity?
>>>
>>> \r
>>>

>> IMHO, i recommend "mhwaveedit" (a gtk+ app, smaller than audacity), i
>> always use it for 2-traks record. The integrated VU-meter is useful.
>>

> ok, thanks. Do you use alsa or jack?

Neither MHWaveEdit nor Audacity require jack.  You're doing a simple
single stereo track recording directly to a file.  I'd also look into
Gramofile:

http://www.opensourcepartners.nl/~costar/gramofile/

for pop/click filtering and automatic breaking of a continuous recording
into "tracks" or songs.  It can be used for post-processing the
recordings you make.

Frank