[LAU] firewire soundcard, recommendations please

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 06:01:52 EDT 2009

Hi

I'm looking for my first firewire soundcard.

I need:
* min 4 outs
* min 4 ins
* at least one of the ins should provide 48V
* at least 2 (3-4 would be better) ins should be non-48V mic ins

Looking at http://www.ffado.org/?q=devicesupport/list, and the price
tags, this brings me down to the following three:

Echo AudioFire 4
Edirol FA-66
Focusrite Saffire LE

Now I'm looking for recommendations. I assume they all work flawlessly
with linux, right? How about sound quality (convertes, preamps), latency
and stabillity? Are there any cards I've overlooked, esp something
that'll provide 3-4 mic preamps?

Thanks in advance for any input.

--
Atte