[LAU] RME Digi96/8 PAD pci pro

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Mar 25 13:48:14 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:34 PM, Grammostola Rosea <
rosea.grammostola at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What do you guys think of the RME Digi96/8 PAD pci pro? How is the card
> compared to an maudio delta 66  for example?

personally speaking, i would avoid this card. even though the RME products
that came after this are, in my opinion, peerless, this one came before RME
really understood how to do PCI bus-mastering. as a result it is an
inefficient h/w design that requires the device driver to do a bunch of work
that in the digi9652 and everything that followed was done by the hardware.
i am sure that the sound quality is good, probably even a little better than
the m-audio but certainly comparable - its just not up the same internal
design specs as RME's later products.