[LAU] supercollider / debian

Dan S danstowell+lxau at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 07:08:51 EDT 2009

2009/3/28, Grammostola Rosea <rosea.grammostola at gmail.com>:
> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>  > maex at firstfloor.org wrote:
>  >
>  >> hi
>  >>
>  >> i was looking for supercollider on debian lenny, but unfortunately
>  >> i coulnt find any deb-source on the www and compiling the source runs into several errors.
>  >>
>  >> are there any repos available? does someone know?
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>
>  > Please Debian people, report bugs if you find something like this! We
>  > shouldn't just accept that such audio apps are just not in Debian imo!
>  >
>  > http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=827
>  >
>  > Maybe you can ask the Debian Multimedia Team:
>  >
>  >

> maybe you can even build and maintain it yourself!
>
>  http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=817

There is an Ubuntu PPA package based on recent snapshots, which I've
heard good things about: https://launchpad.net/~artfwo/+archive/ppa

That is the only existing package at the moment that is up-to-date.
When the next version comes out (3.3, v soon) we're planning to make a
nice stable ubuntu package of it (based on artfwo's work), and from
there it would be great to be able to push that experience up to
debian repos etc.

(By the way, if you're having trouble compiling from source, please
ask at the sc-users list:
<http://www.beast.bham.ac.uk/research/sc_mailing_lists.shtml> I'm sure
you'll find help...)

HTH