[LAU] supercollider / debian

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Sat Mar 28 11:42:25 EDT 2009

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 11:31:10AM +0100, Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> maex at firstfloor.org wrote:
> > hi
> >
> > i was looking for supercollider on debian lenny, but unfortunately
> > i coulnt find any deb-source on the www and compiling the source runs into several errors.
> >
> > are there any repos available? does someone know?
> >

> Please Debian people, report bugs if you find something like this! We
> shouldn't just accept that such audio apps are just not in Debian imo!

Well what gets packaged depends on who volunteers to become a Debian maintainer and submit an ITP.

Submitting a bug is one way, another would be to read the packaging documentation and build the package for it. Supercollider is, IIRC, a pretty straightforward package that doesn't create any libs or daemons. If there's already an unofficial package, then that's a start.