[LAU] firewire newbie in trouble

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Mon Mar 30 02:44:34 EDT 2009

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> jack-audio-connection-kit 0.116.2 :
>
> | Compiler optimization flags........................... : -g

this is profiling support iiuc. you might want to optimize
(--enable-optimize iirc). same goes for ffado (scons -h will give you
the available options).

> It (kind of) works. However even at a setting of buffer size 512 (34ms
> latency), my chuck system stutters (~.2 secs audio, ~1 sec silence).
> Also EnergyXT doesn't seen to output any sound at all. A simple test
> tone in supercollider seem to work though.
>
> Basically very flaky and useless. What can I do?

post your jackd commandline.  are you using -R? with some firewire
devices, it's pretty much mandatory. also, post "cat /proc/interrupts".
also, which firewire controller do you have? (lspci might help.)

best,

jörn