[LAU] composing live w/ loops

Danni Coy danni.coy at gmail.com
Fri May 1 14:06:11 EDT 2009

Freewheeling can use Fluid-synth internally but turns that straight to audio
(ogg is not the only format possible)... You only really do the loop thing -
no quantization.  Editing can be done but is limited loops can be overdubbed
into to mix old and new parts or erased and re-recorded.  Freewheeling is
simple enough to use in a live sense that you feel like you are performing
more so than editing sound. For me it works best from a foot controller
because that leaves my hands free to play instruments.

--
Why are programmers non-productive?
Because their time is wasted in meetings.

Why are programmers rebellious?
Because the management interferes too much.

Why are the programmers resigning one by one?
Because they are burnt out.

Having worked for poor management, they no longer value their jobs.
		-- Geoffrey James, "The Tao of Programming"