[LAU] dualcore and audio software

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Fri May 1 19:34:03 EDT 2009

Dan S wrote:
> Maybe your softwares support load-sharing over multiple processors (a
> good thing, no?) and therefore all the work is being neatly divided
> between the processors. Any reason that should be bad?

No, what would be great. Unfortunately I'm pretty that's not what's
happening. With the same patch I can run 35 (but not 40) voices in ams
on dual core and 45 (but not 50) with one core disabled:

http://atte.dk/download/ams_dual_poly35.png
http://atte.dk/download/ams_single_poly35.png
http://atte.dk/download/ams_single_poly40.png

So performance is (or seems to me, not knowing much about the inner
working of neither a dualcore cpu or linux multicore implementation to
be) slightly better with one core.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk    http://modlys.dk