[LAU] 2.6.29.1 RT Kernel is wonderful!

Raffaele Morelli raffaele.morelli at gmail.com
Sun May 3 15:08:07 EDT 2009

2009/5/3 Jan Weil <jan.weil at web.de>

> On Sun, May 03, 2009 at 10:06:49AM +0200, Raffaele Morelli wrote:
> > For debian users: I must say that make-kpkg doesn't generate initrd
> > (--initrd option) with linux-2.6.29.2 sources so I had to create one with
> > update-initramfs and then add the following line to menu.lst in
> /boot/grub
> > dir.
> >
> > initrd        /boot/initrd.img-2.6.29.2-rt10
> >
> > I am currently switching to 2.6.29.2-rt11.
>
> This is caused by a recent update of the make-kpkg package. Have a look
> at /usr/share/doc/kernel-package/NEWS.Debian.gz and the updated
> /usr/share/doc/kernel-package/README.gz:
>
> "Also, make sure you have configured /etc/kernel-img.conf and also
> /etc/kernel/*.d by dropping in the correct scripts there. (symlink
> creation, initramfs generation, running boot loaders, etc)"
>
> The good thing about this change is that you now can skip the 'make-kpkg
> clean' part after having reconfigured your kernel. Just remove the
> debian sub-directory and enjoy the fact that, finally, make can be used
> as it is supposed to.
>
> By the way, I also followed the 2.6.29 line and just built 2.6.29.2-rt10
> myself. I have to switch off wireless LAN but apart from that it works
> really well.
>
> Jan

thank you.

My wireless card is working now on 2.6.29.2-rt11,  kernel module for my
wireless controller has changed, it was iwl4965 now is iwlagn.

"Intel Wireless WiFi 4965AGN"  was not selected in "Wireless Lan" kernel
sources section

Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 4965 AG or AGN [Kedron]
Network Connection (rev 61)
Kernel driver in use: iwlagn

regards
-r